Volunteer Economics Tutor
Would you like to teach Economics?We have enthusiastic, good-humoured students from India, Indonesia, Nepal, Tibet, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Belize, Bhutan and Uganda, who are currently studying for their A-levels at local colleges. Some of our students would like extra Economics support as it is a new subject for them. Our students are 16-19 years old, and are all bright and keen to learn!
Time requiredWeekday evenings and at weekends, starting ASAP
- You will have an Economics Degree
- Experience of teaching Economics at A-Level would be a bonus
- You will need a DBS check (we can arrange this for you if necessary)
How we will support you
- Your induction will include a meeting with your manager and groups that you will support, a meeting with our personnel officer, and a short health and safety induction
- We will cover your travel expenses
- You will have access to hot and cold drinks (e.g. water, tea, coffee)
- A light meal will be provided if you are teaching over 6 hours at a time
- Our insurance covers people volunteering on site
About usPestalozzi’s mission is to produce globally conscious young leaders by supporting their further education in the multi-cultural, multi-faith environment of the Pestalozzi International Community. Central to everything we do are our core values of Respect, Integrity, Diversity, Commitment and Fun.
Our unique two year scholarship programme in the UK offers academically bright, but economically disadvantaged 16-19 year old students from developing countries the chance to realise their potential.
Our selection process carefully identifies motivated young people who have demonstrated the desire to help their home communities but have limited educational opportunities in their home countries.
Pestalozzi students live in a multi-cultural, multi-faith community in East Sussex. Through studying for their A-levels at local colleges, they are provided with an holistic education focused on the Pestalozzi principles of educating the Head, Heart and Hands. This allows young people, who would otherwise not be afforded the chance, to develop their potential and go on to make a difference in the world.
Our scholarship programme empowers the students to make informed decisions and take a confident step towards their future goals.