European Voluntary Service
|This project has been funded with support from the European Union. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of information contained therein.
Ale, our most recent EVS volunteer and Syeed from India.
|Juan (centre) with Rudolph and Daniel from Belize.
EVS volunteers normally spend one year in a country of their choice. They receive training and meet other volunteers from the various countries that fall within the EVS remit. Each Pestalozzi volunteer benefits in their own way from new experiences, new friendships and brings something of their own culture which benefits staff, volunteers and students alike. You can read more about the scheme on the EVS website.
Alejandra Espatolero IbáñezFrom: Spain
At Pestalozzi: 2013-2014
Ale has just finished volunteering with us and had a great time with the students.
Juan Roch GonzalezFrom: Spain
At Pestalozzi: 2012-2013
As well as tutoring students in Spanish, Juan initiated various music and sporting opportunities. He enjoyed learning more about the students’ many cultures, UK culture and improving his spoken and written English.
- Read an interview with Juan about his time at Pestalozzi.
- Read an essay by Juan: A Sociological View of Pestalozzi.
Previous EVS volunteers
- 2011-2012: Melissa di Dato (Italy) and Odile Combo (Martinique)
- 2010-2011: Rosa Cañadas Gómez (Spain) and César Dario (Canary Islands)
- 2009-2010: Irene Peiro Sancho-Sopranis (Spain) and Paula Kayser Gonzalez (Spain)
- 2008-2009: Claudine Corinthe (Martinique) and Lara Nuñez Castrillo (Spain)
- 2007-2008: Ulku Arsan (Turkey), Hasan Sokem (Turkey), Ana Barbra Braz (Portugal) and Sevgi Kucuk (Turkey)
- 2006-2007: Maria Novella Ferrari, Assana Mounkpoupouonkoui and Ismihan Kuicu