This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to build on their current skills while working in a small and dynamic team. The position would suit applicants with a flexible and creative approach to the fundraising challenge and the ability to thrive under pressure.
Accountable to: Fundraising and Marketing Manager
Accountable for: Some supervision of volunteers
Purpose of Post: To build and maintain relationships with Individual Donors, promoting the work of the Charity in order to meet fundraising targets.
Contract: Twelve month fixed-term, full-time, 35 hours per week – flexible including some evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
Salary: Circa £22,000 depending upon experience
We are a UK-based charity with 60 years’ experience of offering life-changing opportunities to young people from disadvantaged communities around the world. Our current programme of education scholarships allow students to complete their secondary education in the UK, giving them the chance to realise their potential and make a difference in the world. Our programme is evolving and the post holder will have the opportunity to influence the development of the new strategy.
- Develop and deliver a strategy to ensure fundraising budgets are met. This will include the careful stewardship of existing donors and the recruitment and retention of new donors.
- Ensure that donors are cultivated and thanked appropriately.
- Represent the Fundraising and Marketing Department at events and activities at which existing and potential donors may be present.
- Generate compelling copy to articulate the organisation’s case for support to inspire and influence donors and potential supporters.
- Act as the key user of the Donorflex database to support successful fundraising and donor management including data maintenance, reporting and segmenting.
- Maintain and expand an on-going legacy strategy.
- Liaise with the Marketing Officer to ensure effective messaging, communication and engagement with relevant parties both internally and externally.
- Such other duties as may be required.
- All staff are expected to treat any knowledge concerning students, staff or the village as confidential and to adhere to the Charity’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- The Charity’s website and social media pages will help candidates to get a fuller understanding of our work.
Further education required to at least A-level, with appropriate certification.
|Excellent knowledge of fundraising from individual supporters
with a discrete, diplomatic and sensitive approach to their individual needs
||Knowledge of legacy campaigns
skills, written and oral, with an ability to generate compelling copy to
articulate Pestalozzi’s case for support
||Experience of digital fundraising and use
of social media to reach new audiences
|Use of CRM databases (e.g. Donorflex, Raiser’s Edge, Progress)
||Management and cultivation of major donors
understanding of confidentiality and data protection.
||Interest in international development
|Excellent IT skills in
particular with Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
||Knowledge of Gift Aid processes
|Ability to work well as
part of a diverse team while taking decisive ownership of specific areas of
||Management and delivery of fundraising
skills and excellent time management
Publisher and Photoshop
|Current driving license
young people to produce marketing materials
Varied work with some routine procedures, working regularly with confidential information. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Occasional supervisory responsibility for volunteers. The ability to work well within a small and diverse team is essential.
Has some budgetary responsibility within specific areas.
Must be able to take a flexible approach to problems, apply methods and knowledge previously acquired to achieve a solution. Creative thought necessary.
Freedom to Act
Is required to work within broad policy guidelines.
Is responsible for own quality and attainment and keeping management informed of progress, with occasional review.
Regular internal contact with senior staff and management of other departments advising on fundraising. Frequent external verbal, written and personal contact with a range of individuals, often at a senior level, where a high degree of influence is exercised.