Give the Gift of an Education
"Pestalozzi gives a "once in a lifetime" opportunity for extremely gifted but deprived young men and - importantly - young women from developing countries to achieve an education and go on to make a difference in the world." Richard Maidment
Leaving Pestalozzi a gift in your Will can help us to:
- Fund tuition fees for our students’ education and provide them with the skills they need to make a difference in the world
- Provide a welcoming multi-cultural, multi-faith environment which fosters students’ understanding of others and helps them embrace difference and diversity
- Empower students to grow their confidence and continue their development through higher education, voluntary placements, and employment
Pestalozzi receives no government funding and is entirely supported by donations. Gifts in Wills are a highly valued and welcome contribution to our work, making up 65% of the charity’s income over the last five years.
Why make a Will?
Although it is not a legal requirement to make a Will, it is the only way to make sure that your estate is passed on in the way that you would like. Without a Will, the legal system will decide who receives what from your estate.
We always encourage you to remember your friends and family first. All we would like is that you consider giving to your chosen charities, including Pestalozzi, once you’re loved-ones’ needs have been met.
You will need a solicitor to help you make a Will. Pestalozzi cannot give specific legal or financial advice, however there are some ways that we can help to make the process easier for you:
- Pestalozzi partners with the Goodwill Partnership, a service which allows you to make a Will in your own home, without the need to visit a Solicitor’s office. The Goodwill Partnership’s service is also one of the most cost-effective ways to make a Will. You can contact the Goodwill Partnership on 0844 669 6148 or book a visit at thegoodwillpartnership.co.uk/pestalozzi/
- Visit www.charitychoice.co.uk/legacies where you can find independent information about leaving a gift to charity in your Will, along with relevant forms to take to your solicitor
- Find a solicitor near you on the Law Society’s website. click - solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/
- Ask us for information about a Pestalozzi Will Writing Week.
- You can, of course, ask your own trusted solicitor for advice on writing your Will.
"I hope that by leaving a gift in my Will to Pestalozzi I can help to achieve the hopes and ambitions of the young people; by giving them an education that would not be possible in their own countries and that, in the future, they are able to return and pass on their knowledge to others.” - Mrs Violet M Wright
To leave Pestalozzi a gift in your Will is to give the Gift of an Education, and to offer remarkable young people the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.