Would you like to teach Chemistry?
We are looking for a volunteer Chemistry tutor!
Our enthusiastic, good-humoured students are currently studying for their A-Levels at local colleges. They are aged between 16 and 19 and originate from Belize, Bhutan, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Tibet, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. They are all bright and keen to learn.
This is a flexible volunteer role, to be undertaken on regular weekday evenings and/or at weekends.
- You will have knowledge of A-Levels in Chemistry
- You will have some experience of tutoring
- You will need a DBS check (we can arrange this for you if necessary)
How we will support you
- Your induction will include a meeting with your manager and students that you will support, a meeting with our personnel officer, and a short health and safety induction
- We will cover your travel expenses
- You will have access to hot and cold drinks (e.g. water, tea, coffee)
- A light meal will be provided in the unlikely event that you are teaching over 6 hours at a time
- Our insurance covers people volunteering on site
Pestalozzi’s mission is to produce globally conscious young leaders by supporting their further education in the multi-cultural, multi-faith environment of the Pestalozzi International Community. Central to everything we do are our core values of Respect, Integrity, Diversity, Commitment and Fun.
We are a UK-based charity with more than 50 years’ experience of offering life-changing opportunities to young people from disadvantaged communities around the world.
Pestalozzi awards scholarships to exceptional 16-19 year olds who are academically gifted but have limited educational prospects in their home countries. These young people have all demonstrated their enthusiasm for helping to make a difference in their communities.
Pestalozzi students are accommodated for two years in our multi-cultural, multi-faith community here in East Sussex, UK, where they welcome difference and embrace diversity. They study at local colleges and undertake a broad range of extra-curricular activities, gaining an holistic education focused on the Pestalozzi principles of Head, Heart and Hands.
Pestalozzi scholarships give these young people an opportunity they would not otherwise receive – the chance to develop their potential, pursue their ambitions and go on to make a real and lasting difference in the world.
We are based in Sedlescombe, approximately 3.5 miles away from Battle train station. You may find it easier to reach us by car as the buses that stop in Sedlescombe do not run very frequently (so please check the timetable!). Click here for a map.
For more information or an informal chat about the role, please contact Ed Tourle, on 01424 870444 or email@example.com
To apply directly, please contact Penny Williams, Personnel Officer, on 01424 870444 or firstname.lastname@example.org